Location : 15544 N. Pima Rd. Scottsdale Az, 86260
Be a cook at Oregano's and love what you do! We offer comprehensive training, discounts on food, flexible schedules (that satisfy business needs), sick time, growth opportunities, 401(k) with employer match, and medical benefits for full-time, eligible cooks. Full-service, fast-casual, fast food, and food service cook experience are all welcome. We are urgently hiring cooks to join our team!
1. Ensures perfect food is cooked for every Guest, every meal.
2. Adheres to recipes, procedural direction, and prep lists.
3. Efficiently runs assigned station(s) throughout shift.
4. Cleans, organizes, and sanitizes work areas.
5. Maintains compliance with food service health, safety, food handling, and hygiene codes and standards.
6. Supports all kitchen teammates - particularly with dishwashing tasks - because “everyone’s job is everyone’s job.”
7. Reports any maintenance problems, safety hazards, accidents, or injuries.
8. Performs all duties and responsibilities according to the Oregano's Team Member Handbook.
High-volume line cook experience preferred.
Valid state accredited food safety and handling certification.
Must be (16) years of age or older and must be eighteen (18) years of age to operate some kitchen equipment (electric dough sheeter, for example).
Ability to hear and communicate with staff in a loud work environment.
Ability to withstand temperatures equal to or less than 0ºF and equal to or greater than 100ºF.
Prolonged periods of standing and working up to 8 hours in a kitchen.
Must be able to lift, balance, and carry up to 50 pounds for distances of up to 50 feet.
Manual dexterity and eye/hand coordination in using commercial cleaning equipment and products.
Benefits (Full-Time Cooks):
Oregano's Pizza Bistro is Arizona’s award-winning Chicago neighborhood pizza joint. We serve handcrafted thincrust, stuffed and pan pizzas, pastas, huge salads, original adult specialty drinks, and our renowned dessert, The Original Pizza Cookie™. Using fresh ingredients and real Wisconsin Cheese (not that fake stuff!), Oregano’s combines authentic Chicago pizza and other eclectic and innovative dishes, friendly service and a nostalgic, big band-laced ambiance to create a one-of-a-kind dining experience. Founded in 1993, Oregano’s history starts where every good Italian restaurant begins – in the family kitchen of our founder, Mark S. Russell. Using authentic family recipes, Oregano’s has grown to 24 restaurants across the Phoenix metro area, Tucson, Flagstaff, and Colorado. Join us today as a restaurant cook! Food service forever!